Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Rumble Pictures: Brisbane... ASSEMBLE!

I figure blogging about what happens is easier than having to tell everyone over and over what's happenned.

So after coming back from Sydney, I'm still on a bit of a high with Rumble still very fresh in my mind. It's made me rather excited about the whole thing considering the first thing I did when I got back from the airport was drive to uni and run a tutorial for DVP (digital video production).

Anyway, so far I'm still gathering crew. A lot of people here seem to be interested. It's just a matter of time when everyone is free when we can start to build good team relations and begin our first project.

So far I have a director/camera man in Aaron Wakem. He's the other tutor for DVP who handles more of the film side (I do the technical stuff in post-production). He seems to be very reliable and quite motivated so at least we'll have someone who keeps us on task.

Of course there's Laurent Boiteux, whose dream and passion is to be an actor or a performer. I brought him along to Sydney for the shooting of Downtown Rumble. He was thoroughly impressed with the Rumble crew... I can't blame him really. He has a background in TKD with his father possessing experience in both film and martial arts. Definitely a person who'll be important in the earlier stages of RPB.

Both Aaron and Laurent also have skills in writing so I'm hoping they can come up with a strong story and script done when the time is right. They can also edit which will take a little load off me as well.

So with that, I have the roles of director, camera man, actor/performer, and writer(s) filled (for now). My skills lie in post-production editing and special effects. I am also a stuntman (with ZERO acting skills :p) with some experience in fight choereography.

What I think I need is someone who can really get the word out there... I think Tim calls that role a "pitcher" *cough Maria cough*. I'm not sure how long Maria's been waiting for me to step up, but I think she's also had other contacts in Brisbane who could be working with me. I will be meeting one of them this Thursday. Her name is Yen. I'm hoping she can be our pitcher :p

Anyway, I'll post more stuff as it happens... have so many things flying around in my head at the moment... just trying to pin them down one by one so I don't miss anything.

- B

No comments: