Saturday, September 27, 2008

Craig Anderson at the ABC Ultimo Center

Who would've thought that some random Brisbanite could just walk straight into the ABC center located at Ultimo and be taken on a tour around the center by "Double the Fist" star, Craig Anderson... certainly not me.

After a nice chat at the launch of MC2 the night before, I found myself standing in the foyer waiting for Craig to pick me up to go for a tour around the ABC center. This place was huge with countless editing rooms (I had no idea there were so many current projects that required that much editing) with a lot of TV personalities just walking around randomly. After the quick tour and lunch with Craig and his father, we went back up to his office where I met "Good Game" (GG) host, Steven O'Donnell, a.k.a. Bajo. As expected, he was sitting there playing games :p I also met some of the GG and Double the Fist (DTF) crew... everyone's just so nice. I'm hoping I can work in a similar environment someday doing what I love.

Later, I was able to help Craig on some editing on a mash up between GG and DTF. I don't want to give anything away so everyone can just watch it tomorrow night... all I can say is that it's something that is very "Steve Foxx" in character to do. Just remember, if anyone has any complaints, please forward them to the ABC center :p

The next time I am in Sydney, I will definitely contact Craig again to catch up. He's just a great mentor and a great person who really knows what he's doing. He is the type of person anyone would want to work with.

After leaving the ABC center and heading back to Fairfield for the first public screening, I found myself on the wrong train, not once, but twice. I ended up at YAGOONA. I was standing at a station feeling pretty funny trying to explain to Tim that I was at a train station called "Yagoona".

Anyway, the first public screening saw some 130 people turn up for MC2. A different type of crowd as not too much mingled and interacted with each other but it did give great feedback as once again, Rob da Fob topped the list of favourite characters. This night went a lot smoother with a few changes to the organisation and execution in that David Leong was not on the sound and lighting... instead, I was. It was random but I definitely did my best to balance the peaky audio.

Admittedly, I didn't really know when to adjust the audio on this night. Some bits were loud whilst others were too soft. Luckily the crowd enjoyed the visuals enough not to let the audio really bother them.

Both Maria and Tim were a lot more nervous since this crowd consisted more of family and friends of the cast and crew and even some randoms who RSVP'd after hearing on the radio about the screenings. The one thing I heard the most when arrived was, "Oh my god! It's Maria! It's really Maria!" Everyone enjoys meeting the beautiful star actress of a feature.

The night was different from the launch but it did give us a bit of insight into what we could expect for the next night... or so we thought. Some slight changes were made as we prepared for an unexpected Saturday night screening...

No comments: