Friday, September 19, 2008

BR's first production

Now that everyone is a little more acquainted with each other, we can now look at developing ideas for our first production. The following are the ones we have already come up with:

1) Fight over a taxi (Bill)
Fighter 1 (trained with a staff) exits the dojo after training and hails a taxi. Fighter 2 is late to work and rushes out of his house to look for a taxi. They both move towards a taxi only to grab the door handle at the same time. They both argue over who gets the taxi only to start fighting. Whilst they are fighting, a third person comes onto the scene and takes the taxi.

2) Janitor vs school kid (Laurent)
A school kid walks into a school class room with dirty shoes just after a janitor cleans it. The kid shows no remorse and begins to argue with the janitor. They get into a fight. The janitor wins.

I need more information on this since my memory is sucking at the moment.

3) Fight at the hospital (Bill)
Fighter 1 arrives at the hospital asking for assistance. At the same time fighter 2 arrives and askes for the same thing. The confused nurse does not know who to serve first. Soon after the fight gets physical as the begin to wreak havoc in the hospital. Annoyed, the nurse beats both of them up only to make both of them new residents of the ward.

Each of these ideas need to be developed further so we can begin planning and choreography. I say this now since each seems to have specific environments that may or may not affect the fight sequences. Any feedback ASAP would be very helpful.

At the moment, I will probably push the third idea since it will be able to introduce Laurent, Yen and myself as actors (though I suck at acting :p) but more so from a martial arts perspective. Of course a lot of changes can be made so at the moment, nothing is set in stone... I just want something everyone can think about and work on for now.

In other news, I don't know how much I mentioned about the meeting I had with Doan (I'm not exactly sure how to pronounce it... yes I'm Vietnamese, but everyone knows I'm not _really_ asian :p), but before we get into any productions working with her and her company, I want to get this first production out of the way only so we can establish ourselves. This is more important at the moment since it also keeps all parties (Doan, each member of Brisbane Rumble and Rumble Pictures as a whole) safe.

If anyone has any more questions, please feel free to ask or raise the question.

- B

No comments: