Saturday, September 27, 2008

MC2, Saturday Night and the Ninja!

The day started off with a nice sleep in (the first time ever for me) as I had a nice lunch in the heart of Cabramatta, where I spent the first six years of my life. It was nice and busy and very hot.

After convincing a few of my friends (unrelated to Rumble Pictures) to attend the nights' screenings, I quickly rushed home to prepare for the night.. except this time, with a slight twist.

With a slight lack of Rumble Pictures crew, I pitched an idea to Tim that would make the screening a little more interesting for everyone. I arrived a little early with Maria to set up the venue and prepare the center. As the time approached, I opened the doors and greeted the guest... ... as a NINJA!

I'm pretty sure I surprised a few people in that extremely hot suit. I became a bit of an attraction somewhat mingling with the crowd and getting people to interact with each other. Later the guests saw a roving documentary ninja walking around with a video camera capturing their expressions and comments. I think I may have scared some kiddies :p

Tim decided to send me on a photo shoot with random guests with the hook of, "This is your only chance you can get a photo with a ninja!" To my surprise, it worked as some guests even got into a bit of character having me in a headlock and performing various attacks (on me).

It was a great way to ease the crowd and get them into a fun mindset for the screening.

When everyone entered the screening hall, many laughed at the lighting and audio ninja as I once again took control board. This time I was a lot more prepared for the audio as I adjusted as much as I could the peaks. I must say, I did a rather good job (if I don't say so myself :p).

My friends who attended thoroughly enjoyed MC2 as nice combination of martial arts and comedy. In fact, they are looking to attend another screening bringing some of their other friends. It's so easy to network and generate interest when you have such a great product to show in MC2.

Once again, I have to thank Tim for allowing me to be a part of another Rumble Pictures event which lead to meeting so many important people. His vision for both the production company and his choreography is something I really need to tap into!

A BIG BIG thanks to Craig Anderson for showing me around the ABC center and all your advice for both my future projects and industry related roles and tasks.

The Rumble Pictures crew... I really can't get enough of this group. Everyone is just so nice and willing to help each other. It makes me want to pack everyone into my suitcase to bring back home.

Lastly, but definitely not the least, I have to thank Maria once again. Ultimately, she is the one I have to answer to and she is the one who has to put up with me. Crashing at her place once again (hi to the rest of the Tran Clan) and following her around like a bad smell trying to absorb as much of her infinite wisdom, experience and knowledge is what I did. The only way I feel like I can truly repay her is to produce my own productions up the same standard as Rumble Pictures. I know that's a pretty crazy goal but I really do think that this will be possible so long as I stay on track with my goals clear. With the mentoring from Maria, Tim and Craig, I am hoping to do my best not just for Maria but for all of Rumble Pictures.

- B

No comments: